The Bottom Line
- A treasure trove of interesting facts about pirates.
- Playful book design with hidden treasures within.
- Beautiful artwork.
- A compass built into the cover!
- I wanted more pirate terminology!
- Meet pirates from around the world.
- Detailed drawings of pirates, ships, weapons, and maps.
- Working compass set into the cover.
- A Glossary of pirate terms - learn what "Avast ye, mateys!" actually means!
- Learn wind-navigation,log-keeping, and knot-tying.
- Great companion website at Pirateology.com.
Guide Review - Pirateology: The Pirate Hunter's Companion
The notes of Captain Lubber lead us not only along his quest to find and apprehend the dread Pirate Drummond, but also into the nature and life of pirates - pirate lore and customs, pirate history, famous pirates from around the world, pirate language, and more. No fewer than six artists worked on Pirateology and it shows. Illustrations include detailed drawings of actual pirate ships, pirate portraits, maps, and naturalist-style sketches of indiginous creatures that pirates might have run across.
A deserving addition to the Candlewick Press 'Ology series which includes Wizardology, Egyptology, and Dragonology, Pirateology will engage and involve adventurers of all ages.